Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Old Cat Lady Sittin' In Her Underpants, Tra La La, La La...

I spent a wonderful day with myself. It was really lovely, just me myself and Adrian Grenier (Yes, I have now seen all episodes of entourage and waiting to see more). However, in retrospect I have to admit I'd rather have had a lil less tea and a bit more company. Well, it’s not that I’m such a terrible bore to hang with, quite the contrary actually, I find I am capable of amusing myself endlessly. My mind like a ping pong table is constantly throwing words and ideas back and forth, each serve reciprocated with a ralley of the choicest words, the wittiest comebacks and all in 3D psychedelia!
It’s just that, I am amusing and entertaining only with a sounding board! Alone I am like a pumpkin sitting in my underwear all day and perfectly happy like that. And that scares me. It scares me that alone I will die, like a vegetable that no one wants to dissect on their chopping boards, a rotten pumpkin. I once took a facebook test on my worst fear and the result was, “You are scared of being alone!” Well, at that time I thought it was really stupid, really. I understand now clearly what that meant. You see, I thought it was stupid because I know for a fact that wherever you leave me, in this world or another, I will definitely get by and high because I will never be alone, I will always know how to talk my walk and get my life going. But if I didn’t have that luxury of associating with all those wonderful (and some not so wonderful) people, I'd probably end up like a pumpkin or worse, like that old lady with all those cats who’s name no one remembers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Collective Psyche said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM  
Blogger Collective Psyche said...

I think I know her name. Wasnt she called Ana? I dont think she is that old. Shes only 53. Think she is turning 54 soon. We should throw her a bash. Get to know her a little bit :P

October 21, 2010 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Pallavi Shahi said...

Hey big girl, you can never be an old lady with too many cats or a pumpkin that gets used just anywhere. Of what I know you are one of the most fun loving and comforting people around. Enriching and allow a breather to ppl around you. So don't worry abt that, it is going to be just a silly facebook quiz result and nothing else. But otherwise you wrote this well, explaining very beautifully something that all of us feel, many a times, after that quarrel, that break up, that moment when faith and hope walk out the door. Gud job, keep the clouds moving!

November 18, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home